Leesa Simons | Associate
Leesa is an Associate in O’Loughlins Lawyers’ Litigation, Insolvency & Reconstruction Group.
Leesa completed a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws at the University of Adelaide in 2009 and 2011 respectively, followed by a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Australian National University in 2012.
Leesa joined O’Loughlins Lawyers in August 2018 and has specialist experience in insolvency and commercial litigation matters.
Leesa acts for administrators, liquidators and bankruptcy trustees, together with company directors, debtors, both secured and unsecured creditors and financial institutions with respect to complex issues arising from both personal and corporate insolvency.
- acted on behalf of a liquidator of a parent company and its subsidiaries with respect to a multitude of urgent unfair preference claims totalling in excess of $200 million
- acted on behalf of a liquidator of a parent company and its subsidiary with respect to insolvent trading claims in excess of $42 million
- acted on behalf of deed administrators to (amongst other things) source litigation funding in respect of a breach of contract claim against a company which provided mining accommodation services
- acted on behalf of an Australian bank and provided strategic advice with respect to various enforcement rights
- acted on behalf of a high net‑worth individual with respect to various partnership disputes
Principal Areas of Practice
- Commercial & Civil Litigation
- Insolvency & Reconstruction
- Security Enforcement & Debt Recovery
- Building & Construction Disputes
Leesa's memberships include:
- Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Restructuring, Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)