Insolvency and Reconstruction
O’Loughlins Lawyers has developed an enviable position in the Adelaide insolvency market. As a firm, we offer a range of services to those affected by impending insolvency, or those seeking advice to deal with insolvency. Regularly cited in Doyle’s Guide and Best Lawyers, the firm has benefitted from over 20 years’ continuous experience in this complex and always developing area of law.
We have experience in acting for all of the different parties to the insolvency cycle (both individual and corporate), including assisting:
- Directors who have been met with significant claims that may affect their company, and their own financial positions;
- Creditors seeking repayment of monies;
- Banks seeking recovery of their loans;
- Individuals or small businesses who have been met with claims by the ATO, and require assistance dealing with those;
- Insolvency Professionals;
- Parties involved in informal workouts; and
- Parties dealing with insolvency practitioners.
Each Senior Member of our Insolvency Team has experience in a variety of roles, and we are pleased to be active members of ARITA and WinSA. In addition, Kym, Sam and Justin are members of the Law Council of Australia (Insolvency and Reconstruction) sub-committee.
Kym is also a Fellow of ARITA.
Some of the services provided by our Insolvency and Reconstruction group are:
- corporate reconstruction and workouts
- voluntary administration
- schemes of arrangement
- credit recovery
- securities enforcement
The Insolvency and Reconstruction Group’s recent work includes:
- Advising the Administrator of Cockatoo Ridge Wines Group Limited.
- Advising the purchaser of the assets of a large insolvent South Australia petroleum company.
- Advising representatives regarding the collapse of the McFarlane Financial Planning practice.
- Advising the purchasers of the assets of a well known failed home wares and furniture company.
- Acting for an automotive parts manufacturer in a successful multi-million dollar informal workout.