Hamish Archibald | Partner
Hamish is a Partner in O'Loughlins Lawyers' Corporate and Commercial and Property Groups.
Hamish joined O’Loughlins Lawyers in February 2006 and was promoted to Senior Associate in June of 2009. After spending 2 years living in Vancouver, Canada and working as Manager of Contracts and Leases at the University of British Columbia, Hamish rejoined the O’Loughlins team in October 2011 and became a Partner in 2015.
Hamish is experienced in advising on a range of business, property and personal matters in both the for profit and not-for-profit sectors including:
- business and share sales (including due diligence)
- business and not-for-profit structuring
- land acquisition and sale
- retail and commercial leasing
- wills and succession planning
Hamish has acted for clients in relation to:
- a variety of large, medium and small business asset and share sales and acquisitions (including wholesale and retail fuel, nursing homes, retirement villages, pharmacies, hotel businesses and liquidator sales).
- leasing and development issues of the Adelaide Hills Homemaker Centre
- day to day franchise and leasing matters for franchisors and franchisees
- the inter-generational transfer of large family farming interests
- due diligence investigations and lease documentation for a large wind farm
- development, structuring and conveyancing matters for a residential and commercial marina.
Principal Areas of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Health and Aged Care
- Property Law
- Wills and Succession Planning
- Law Society of South Australia
- Tax Institute of Australia
- President of the Scotch College Old Collegians’ Association Inc