Hamish Archibald | Partner
Hamish completed a Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice and Bachelor of Commerce (majoring in accounting) at Flinders University in 2005 and was admitted to practice in March 2006.
Hamish joined O’Loughlins Lawyers in February 2006 and was promoted to Senior Associate in June of 2009. After spending 2 years living in Vancouver, Canada and working as Manager of Contracts and Leases at the University of British Columbia, Hamish rejoined the O’Loughlins team in October
2011 and became a Partner in 2015.
Hamish is experienced in advising on a range of business, property and personal matters in both the for profit and not-for-profit sectors including:
- business and share sales (including due diligence)
- business and not-for-profit structuring
- land acquisition
- retail and commercial leasing
- wills and succession planning
Hamish has acted for clients in relation to:
- a variety of large, medium and small business asset and share sales and acquisitions (including wholesale and retail fuel, nursing homes, retirement villages, pharmacies, hotel businesses and liquidator sales).
- leasing and development issues of the Adelaide Hills Homemaker Centre
- day to day franchise and leasing matters for franchisors and franchisees
- the inter-generational transfer of large family farming interests
- due diligence investigations and lease documentation for a large wind farm
- development, structuring and conveyancing matters for a residential and commercial marina.
Principal Areas of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Health and Aged Care
- Real Estate Law
- Wills and Succession Planning
- Law Society of South Australia
- Tax Institute of Australia
- President of the Scotch College Old Collegians’ Association Inc