Kym Ryder | Partner
Kym completed a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) at Flinders University in 1996 and was admitted to practice in 1997. Kym has also completed the Insolvency Education Program.
Kym has been employed by O’Loughlins Lawyers since early 1997. He was made a partner of the firm in 2006.
With specialist experience in insolvency and litigation matters, Kym has advised a wide range of parties as both solicitor and counsel, including trustees in bankruptcy, administrators, liquidators, receivers, company directors, creditors and debtors. He has also advised clients in relation to numerous commercial tenancy, employment, commercial and construction disputes.
He has also regularly been listed as one of South Australia’s leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers & Litigation Lawyers in Doyle’s Guide.
Kym has acted in a number of matters including disputes as follows:
- acted for many of the creditors following the collapse of the Charterhill group
- advised the liquidators following the collapse of Tagara Builders Pty Ltd (in liquidation)
- acted for the liquidator of BJ Jarrad in pursuing shadow director and insolvent trading claims in the Federal Court of Australia
- acted for Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited in Federal Court proceedings against a trustee of a controlling estate.
Kym also acts as counsel in a number of matters and has appeared in Commonwealth and State Courts.
Principal Areas of Practice
- Commercial & Civil Litigation
- Insolvency & Reconstruction
- Tenant Disputes
- Construction Disputes
- Estate Disputes
- Legal Costs
Kym's memberships include:
- Law Society of South Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Reconstruction, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association
- Former Deputy Chair of the Law Council’s Insolvency and Reconstruction Law Committee
Publications & Presentations
Kym has presented in various forums including at the Law Council’s Insolvency Law Workshops.
Also refer to Law Update articles in our website library.