Michael Connelly | Partner
Michael joined O’Loughlins Lawyers in November 2007 and was admitted to practice in 2008.
Michael has advised clients and assisted counsel in civil and commercial litigation disputes and proceedings in each jurisdiction of the South Australian court hierarchy, and of the Federal Court.
Michael has acted for a broad range of clients, including:
- major fuel companies
- landlords and tenants
- companies and their officers
- financial advisors
- trustees in bankruptcy
- administrators and liquidators
- creditors and debtors in relation to insolvency matters
Michael has recently acted for:
- acted in complex litigation on behalf of major fuel distributors in respect of disputes arising out of lease and supply agreements
- acted in litigation on behalf of liquidators pursuing an insolvent trading claim in excess of $10m and preference claims in excess of $5m on behalf of creditors
- advised a class of over 60 clients regarding the collapse of the Charterhill Group that had resulted in superannuation losses exceeding $13m
- advised former company directors in respect of substantial director penalty notices issued by the ATO;
- acted on behalf of various creditors in respect of winding up insolvent entities and bankruptcy proceedings.
Principal Areas of Practice
- Commercial & Civil Litigation
- Commercial Landlord & Tenant Disputes
- Insolvency & Reconstruction
- Debt Recovery
- Contract Law
Michael's memberships include:
- The Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Restructuring, Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Women in Insolvency Network (WINSA)
He is also an active member of the Old Ignatians Football Club.