Peter Myhill | Partner
Peter Myhill is a Partner in O'Loughlins Lawyers' Corporate & Commercial Group.
Peter has legal and management expertise in commercial business activity generally and his specific expertise in aged care and retirement accommodation is nationally recognised. He has been recognised by his peers in this field by inclusion on the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 'Best Lawyers in Australia' lists in the category of 'Retirement Villages and Senior Living Law'. He has also had extensive involvement with charitable and not-for-profit organisations in structuring and managing their operations.
Peter's commercial legal experience has included logistics, health, transport and utility contracting, both public and private, as well as SME mergers and acquisitions.
Principal Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Health and Aged Care
- Retirement Estates
- Corporate Governance
- Charities and Not-for-profit Structuring
Peter's memberships include:
- committee oversighting the Karmel Endowment Fund, which is the primary vehicle for fundraising and benevolence for Flinders University
- chairman of the Walford Foundation Inc.
- Law Society of South Australia and the Law Council of Australia as well as being the representative appointed by the Law Society of South Australia to the Law Council of Australia Elder Law and Succession Law Committee
- O’Loughlins Lawyers are members of, and Peter has strong alliances with, Aged and Community Services SA & NT Inc and Leading Age Services Australia – SA Inc.
Publications & Presentations
Peter has regular speaking and training engagements, many of which have been in relation to admission procedures and agreements under recent amendments to the Aged Care Act.