Peter Myhill | Partner
Peter Myhill is a Partner in O'Loughlins Lawyers' Corporate & Commercial Group.
Peter has legal and management expertise in commercial business activity generally and his specific expertise in aged care and retirement accommodation is nationally recognised. He has been recognised by his peers in this field by year on year inclusion on the 'Best Lawyers in Australia' lists in the category of 'Retirement Villages and Senior Living Law' and recognised as preeminent in Doyles Guide to Health and Aged Care Lawyers. He has also had extensive involvement with charitable and not-for-profit organisations in structuring and managing their operations.
Peter's commercial legal experience has included logistics, health, transport and utility contracting, both public and private, as well as SME mergers and acquisitions.
Principal Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Health and Aged Care
- Retirement Estates
- Corporate Governance
- Charities and Not-for-profit Structuring
Peter's memberships include:
- chairman Walford Foundation Inc.
- Law Society of South Australia
- Law Council of Australia, including as a member (appointed by the Law Society of South Australia) of the LCA Elder Law and Succession Law Committee
- Council member for Prince Alfred College
- Committee member for Prince Alfred College Foundation
Publications & Presentations
Peter has regular speaking and training engagements, many of which relate to procedures and agreements under the Aged Care Act and risk management in aged care.