Phillip Roberts | Partner
- Corporate and Commercial
- Equity Capital Markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Finance and Securities
- Real Estate
Phillip is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer who is able to advise businesses on most legal aspects of their activities.
Since joining O’Loughlins Lawyers in 2004, Phillip has assisted many companies to conduct initial public oﬀerings and list on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and National Stock Exchange of Australia (NSX). More recently, Phillip has acted for a number of publicly listed companies in their (reverse) takeovers of other companies and re-listing on ASX.
Phillip provides ongoing legal advice to listed companies on a diverse range of matters, including:
- Fundraising through placements, rights issues and share purchase plans
- Corporations Act compliance
- Listing Rules compliance
- Shareholder Meetings (including preparing Notices of Meeting)
- Directors’ duties
- Corporate governance
- Employee incentive schemes
- Related party transactions
- Continuous disclosure
- Dealings with regulators including the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, ASX and NSX
He has also documented and advised on a wide variety of commercial transactions, including:
- business sales and purchases (whether by assets or shares)
- heads of agreements, memoranda of understanding and term sheets
- due diligence investigations
- shareholder, unitholder and partnership agreements
- joint venture agreements (including mining exploration farm in and joint venture agreements)
- confidentiality agreements
- supply, distribution and licensing agreements
- loan agreements and security documents
- employment and consultancy agreements
- land contracts and leases
Principal Areas of Practice
- Corporations Committee of the Law Council of Australia
- Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association (AMPLA)
In 2020 (and also in 2012-2019), Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession named Phillip among the best corporate lawyers in South Australia. He has also been named by Doyle’s Guide among the best commercial lawyers (2019) and best agribusiness lawyers (2016) in South Australia.
Phillip was named in Best Lawyers in Australia 2020 and 2021 editions for his work in Equity Captial Markets Law and was named the 2021 Equity Capital Markets Law 'Lawyer of the Year' in Adelaide.
Phillip was a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards in 2016 and 2017 in the category of Mergers and Acquisitions.